Digitalteknik

Bad interference in Geovision

I have a client with Geovision GV1480, and there´s problem with interference. I use cat5e cable and videobalun and the distance is

about 60m. The camera is standard CCTV 540Tvlines 12V. When I check the picture in a test monitor there´s no problems but then I connect it

to the PC system I get a bad interference , it also make other cameras in the system to be unstable with bad interference.

Are ALL the cameras 12V? How many are using Cat5 and baluns? It's not uncommon to get ground-loop issues when you combine baluns with cheap 12V cameras.

The ability of one bad camera to bring down others is a common failing of the GeoVisions... and I suspect, anything else that uses the same ConeXant-based cards.

make sure no high voltage is within 1' of the cat5.

rory is right, if you have such high voltage too close with your cat5 will be got those bad interference.

It's often pretty ugly, but individual wall-wart transformers for each camera is often the answer.

I haven't found a DC power supply with multiple isolated outputs, like what is available for AC cameras... Anyone else found one?