Sign in to follow this  
rocko_mtv

Netvision's Diskmanage drive configure tool

hello,

I have an Allied Video Surveillance DVR that has 2 Digivision 4016HC capture cards (2x16). I had to replace a defective HD for the OS. Everything works fine. The install went flawless. But, I do not know how to configure the Diskmanage "New Data Package" section for the record path. This system pre-configures the drive and reserves the space for the incoming video/audio data. When I use the amount it defaults to the DVR GUI shows zero % of drive space left to record to. This is my first experience with this brand so this may be normal? But, I need to be sure.

Here is the screen shot of what I am referring to:

Thanks in advance,

Rick H.

299496651_diskmanagescreenshot.JPG.1bd5ea86668cd66a45f43b2435a3bee8.JPG

Hi!

What this Disk Manager do is that it is creating it own file inded/files system for the Video recorded data. This is done to avoid issues like Fragmentation of the harddrive(s) that can have a very bad effect on a DVR system.

First where is your D:\ drive? If your DVD burner is located as D:\ I would change it so it would be the last letter of drives.

ok!

You can use the deafult values if you like or if you want to save some space on one or more of the drives.

I would have a system like this for instance:

C:\ Windows OS and DVR software

D:\ Place for local manual backup, etc in other words not use disk manage here!

E:\ Use 100% for DVR recordings

F:\ Use 100% for DVR recordings

G:\ Use all except 10GB for DVR recordings

H:\ DVD Burner for external backup

I:\ USB stick for external Backup

Hope this helps!

JD

[attachment=0]diskmanage screen shot.JPG[/attachment]

Ah!

On your last drive you can add the last 10GB HDD space and then leave about 40 packets on the disk manage, this maybe not need to do now, if they fixed it, but for burning DVD they use(d) to but a temp burning file on the last drive before burning to DVD, so that is why I want to leave 40 packets 1 packet about 250MB which will be a total of 10GB in other words more then a DVD!

Cheers!

JD

Thanks JD -

Configured the way it is shown and after a reboot the DVR sys still indicates 0% space available. When will it show the real amount available?

155312048_dvrscrrenshot.thumb.JPG.a2cd6c78dbad4ed93d5fb94d4cad9f51.JPG

Thanks JD -

Configured the way it is shown and after a reboot the DVR sys still indicates 0% space available. When will it show the real amount available?

Does it say HDD 0% ?

If so it means 0% have been used so far!

JD

The machine previously had ver. 5.01 and that version showed the drives available in the setup mode in the top middle section. This version doesn't. Is that normal for this version?

1107538441_setupscreen.thumb.JPG.76e72e6a227ee6d098f38718730eda1a.JPG

The machine previously had ver. 5.01 and that version showed the drives available in the setup mode in the top middle section. This version doesn't. Is that normal for this version?

[attachment=0]setup screen.JPG[/attachment]

Yes, they changed it a bit, do you know where I can download this software for testing?

But HDD 0% is ok you will see that is will increase when you connect cameras and they start to record.

JD

I got it from Alex at Allied Video Surveillance in Virginia.

Call 1-800-691-1034 to inquire.

Many many thanks to you for your help.

I am used to Geovision DVR's and they show the % of space left versus % used. I spun my wheel all day and it turned out to be a brain fart on my part

I got it from Alex at Allied Video Surveillance in Virginia.

Call 1-800-691-1034 to inquire.

Many many thanks to you for your help.

I am used to Geovision DVR's and they show the % of space left versus % used. I spun my wheel all day and it turned out to be a brain fart on my part

Hi! Yeah I am also very familliar with Geovision, been using them since software 4.1 and up

JD