brendler

Camera video samples website

I was wondering if any of you guys know of a good cctv camera samples website on the net? I googled for it a lot but over the past couple of weeks but couldn't come up with any useful site.

If there isn't something I would be happy to develop something for those who would like to create a nice cctv samples database.

I know it could be a bit tricky as it depends a lot of the particular set up in which the clips would have been recorded, but I do see a certain value in it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Interesting site although I have to say it would be nice if there was more details about the camera/setup specs used to record the images.

Its something I wanted to do, but cannot do from here.

Will need to get Demos from the camera manufacturers, they sometimes send them and you can send them back - shipping and Customs is too expensive to do that here. As you can deal mostly with the manufacturer's right in the USA, or their reps.

Then, you create your own sample images using the right location/s (maybe 2 different locations) and several applications, such as day, night, backlight, car headlights, etc.

We all know it can differ from one location to the next, but it is better then nothing, which is what the manufacturers give us now.

The CCTVFootage site is more general, it can be for any kind of CCTV footage, it is even being used for DVR demo videos, so its not really just targeting camera samples.

Well, that would be the proper site, but to start with I think a simple metadata search and a form where people could enter their own files along with the spec would be very helpful already. I'm sure many people out there would be happy to collaborate with a couple of samples from different cameras.

I will think this through over the weekend, perhaps I can come up with something.