toyboyxxl

Camera for monitoring radiotherapy room with x-rays source

Hi,

I'm looking for solution: I need color day/night camera (ccd or cmos) for monitoring radiotherapy room with x-rays source. When I tray noname color camera ( 540 Tvl, day/night mode,DC drive lens ), x-rays source destroyed more ccd pixels - looks like white small points on screen, like dust. Can I use some x-rays filter on lens or special camera cover ? Can you help me somebody, plz ?

Thanks.

I had a similar situation a while back... I found a few vendors of leaded glass windows online that would work for X-ray sources, but this was a gamma radiation source (much more penetration), so I ended up mounting a standard hi-res cam that had image reversal option (like a backup cam) in a lead-lined box at a 90 degree angle to the radiation source, and used a mirror to reflect the image into the cam inside the box.

So far, so good.... Other cams originally installed behind radiation-resistant acrylic died within a few months...

I used to design x-ray imaging camera boxes as part of my job. Using a mirror is best if the camera receives the direct x-ray beam. If the radiation at the camera is only scatter and it's not too high the leaded glass should work and is the easier fix. Either way be sure and shield the camera with thin lead, likely 1/32" is thick enough. The leaded glass will need to be about 1/4" thick.

Maybe some further advice from you all if possible ... I have a similar problem in a radiation oncology treatment room with the camera views deteriorating over time (weeks), with random pixels going out or becomming red, blue, white, etc. from the effects of the radiation. They are using a Pelco Spectra IV PTZ to view closeups of equipment readings, etc., during treatments. It is in the same room but not in direct line with the machines. One thing weird though ... when we look at it on the monitor and move the PTZ, the pixalization doesn't move with the camera which made us think at first it was a monitor problem. But tried another monitor and problem was still there. Could the radiation caused damage be to other video, data or transmission components inside the PTZ housing? I haven't talked with Pelco direct about it yet, but any suggestions how to shield this type of camera?

html>