able1

System Design for Counseling Observation

I agree on the Mobotix solution. I've done the D22SEC camera with the ExtIO unit in my home, and the audio is really quite good. The Mic has different sensitivity settings, and it syncs with the camera with little problem.

A Q24 in the ceiling would do the job.

Note: The video from the mobotix camera can be viewed on IE, Firefox... even a Motorola Droid phone. However, the audio plug-in is IE only... it won't work on anything else.

Another option to monitor with a Mobotix is just use an IP phone like the Grandstream GXV3140. You can talk and listen with this SIP device (which I've used) and supposedly you can monitor the video at the same time with the right firrmware (so they say).

Sound quality is very good and it eliminates the extra computer all together.

Another option to monitor with a Mobotix is just use an IP phone like the Grandstream GXV3140. You can talk and listen with this SIP device (which I've used) and supposedly you can monitor the video at the same time with the right firrmware (so they say).

I haven't yet delved into the SIP functionality of the Mobotix cams. Can they be reached from a regular cell phone, or does it have to be an IP-softphone?

Haven't heard of any cell phones that work with them but they do work with softphones. Several from Counterpath are even mentioned in the Mobotix manuals.

WOW!!! What a flurry of responses on this "little non recorded camera system with audio" project.

Thanks to all that responded. I will be sifting thru all the input to find what will work for this application.

Where do I start with my responses to all.

First it is for two(2) rooms with a Manager Evaluator to sit at his computer and listen in and view the sessions.

Second (Alex) That Video Server was a Prototype and "may" have a audio something connection but it did not have a RCA jack installed for same. Therefore when I looked at it I discounted it working in this application. I did notice on the link you added that the packaged unit does have a audio input. I would have to determine what connector is for the audio and hook up a mic and then see how well it works for viewing body language and speech sync for this application. Thanks for the input.

That brings up another thought. I am getting the feeling that it is questionable if feeding this video/audio thru a network due to bandwidth to give proper sync. Is that or is that not going to be an issue?? What will cause this to be an issue?? Slow network?? I realize that a free standing system this will not be a question. But putting this on a network where they will be (as I was told) going to a "paperless office" for recording all info on the server before sending offsite.

Would or should this be a red flag in using the network??

As for the rest of the comments as I said above it will take me a while to evaluate the various suggestions.

Again thanks for all the response. Very helpful and a bit overwhelming.

Later,

I haven't yet delved into the SIP functionality of the Mobotix cams. Can they be reached from a regular cell phone, or does it have to be an IP-softphone?

Yes they will work with cell phones but only audio...... You have to have a SIP provider and setup the VOIP to call your cell phone