bonkers

Looking for someone in San Antonio to install....

I will be down there in a few weeks if it can wait. What do you need help with?
to install or help me install a GE/Kalatel PTZ and controller.

To the OP.

They are pretty easy to install. Are you an installer or is this something you dont normally do? Might be able to talk you through it if you are just having problems.

I am in not the business but do have some knowledge. Problem is that I obtained this unit second hand a few years ago and it only had the controller, the camera, and a plug in transformer that is connected to a phone style jack. The phone jack has the transformer connected to it and a two wire cable that appears to go to the camera (wires were cut), and a ethernet plug that goes to the controller. The camera has a video cable coming out it, a cable that appears to go to the phone jack, and another 2 wire cable coming out of it (which was also cut). I plugged in the transformer and connected the wire from the jack to the camera and the controller powers up, but the camera does not. Question is does the other 2 wire cable coming from the camera need to go to a power source? I bought it from someone I knew who lost their lease and in their haste to get everything out of the building before becoming locked out they had just cut the wires to remove the camera. I know these things are rather pricey and did not want to experiment with hooking up anything and risk shorting something out. I have searched the internet and could not obtain a wiring diagram and figured maybe someone here could possibly help me out. I do have a tranformer that is wired to a block type connector, that I use to run my other cameras with, that I believe could supply the power if that is in fact where the other wires lead to. I really do not want to short out this unit and need to be sure of what I am doing before proceeding with the installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Controller is a Kalatel KTD404 and I believe the camera to be a Cyberdome II although I can not find a model # on it anywhere. The transformer that is connected to the jack is only 14volts if I remember correctly (not at my business right now) and not enough to power the camera, as I believe it is 24 volt.

The camera is powered separate from the controller, normally need a dedicated PSU for those. Im not sure of the actual voltage and amps it requires but if you dont have the Kalatel PSU for it ( they sell them specifically for their cameras) you could find a 3rd party PSU from somewhere that has the same power specs. Sounds like they sold you the controller and camera but no power supply for the camera. When I ordered their cameras in the past I always just bought their PSU and powered it locally at the camera (weatherproof PTZ PSU box).

Controller is a Kalatel KTD404 and I believe the camera to be a Cyberdome II although I can not find a model # on it anywhere. The transformer that is connected to the jack is only 14volts if I remember correctly (not at my business right now) and not enough to power the camera, as I believe it is 24 volt.

I'll have to look up the specifics, but non-IP based PTZs usually have the following basic connections:

-Power. Usually 24vAC

-Communication. 2 wire in from controller, and sometimes 2 wire out for daisy chaining

-Video out BNC

-Sometime an Installers video out, can be RCA or BNC

-Alarm/ relay NO/NC contacts. Not necessary for basic functions. Meant for advanced setups like "when this door opens, zoom into this preset zone and flash a red light"