winesmile

Front Door Camera Placement thoughts...

I need to place a camera to cover the front door for security coverage (not to see who's ringing the front door).

The issue is the masonry and running RD-59/combo - best to run up through the attic.

My concern is placing the camera to high and not getting quality coverage.... And too low will look bad...

I typically use Speco or Everfocus these days.

Thoughts??

1.thumb.jpg.d2a53baaf7b3ac8c7d24567d6814c82b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.0d7818f953f3d8bd99b2a6369485d019.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.ed7719e237da6d699c7611c954256218.jpg

Edited by Guest

Analysing the pictures of your house I think the front door camera can be placed on the wall, just above the door.No other option seems to be clicking in my mind.

Pics show up fine here.

If cosmetics are a concern, how about a covert install, board or small bullet cam inside one of the lighting fixtures? Low enough for a good view, without being conspicuous.

A nice clean dome design on the bottom of the archway keystone might work too... paint something up to color-match the walls so it doesn't stand out too much.

Pics show up fine here.

If cosmetics are a concern, how about a covert install, board or small bullet cam inside one of the lighting fixtures? Low enough for a good view, without being conspicuous.

A nice clean dome design on the bottom of the archway keystone might work too... paint something up to color-match the walls so it doesn't stand out too much.

I'd agree with the dome. Might not be a bad idea... but I'm actually looking at that mailbox... it practically begs for a covert camera. Put a false bottom in that thing, wire up a B&W pinhole camera... it would catch pretty much anyone walking up to that door. It might even get a nice face-level shot as they ascend those steps.

I have to agree, that mailbox is very tempting.

I think anything in the keystone spot will end up being a baseball cap camera. If you put a camera inside that arch you are going to have serious back lighting issues.

You mentioned not seeing who rings the door bell, so what field of view are you looking for.

Depending on the budget, you've got enough profile details going on there that you could add a surface channel of some kind and stucco over it. What's behind that mailbox? Can you come through that wall?