ashtech

Video rolls using cat5 and video baluns

I have 2 cameras, the eclipse ecl640 connected via aerial cat5 and using eclipse passive video baluns, for some reason, im getting video rolls on the dvr and even a cctv monitor. sometimes the video will cut off and come back. what can be the cause. Please help.

Oh, i have used these cameras before and travelled longer distances than this one

cameras are being power by a 24vac transformer, the square white ones. I used a pair for the positive video and a pair for the negative. i used 4 core for the power which comes from a closer power outlet to the camera

Try using just a single pair for the balun leads. Don't double them up.

Just to confirm, are you running the power over the same UTP? If so, what is the distance?

Also be careful of running that UTP next to or parallel to any high voltage. It's very easy to pick up noise.

I did run into a bad balun the other day for the first time.... It had a horrible picture and finally stopped working all together. Took me a while to figure out it was just 1 balun that was bad. Never seen that before...

Try using just a single pair for the balun leads. Don't double them up.

Same advice I gave on his other thread.

Just FYI to the OP: you only need to post a question once... and this isn't the proper area (maybe a mod could wake up and merge the two).