Aaronh

Dedicated Micro's Netvu software on a mac

Ok, so recently I had a client who replaced his old DVR system and wanted to go with something that would be compatible with macs, naturally i looked to our distributors for a solutions. We ended up putting in a Specco Tech DVR that is "compatible" with mac's. Well, when they say compatible, it actually means that you can open your DVR remotely and then get frustrated with the software and start pulling out your hair because it will freeze or not respond to actions. Needless to say, customer wasnt too excited about it. But on to the point.. I now have another customer who is a Mac user and wants to replace his system with something compatible with Mac's, after trying to research a DVR that is truely compatible I found that DM is also compatible with macs. Or so they say... I just want to know if anyone has used DM's remote software on a Mac, and if so, how well did it work? I know you can get all the Parrallel software to run PC software on a mac, but when you approach a client and say, here are all the hoops you have to jump through to look at your camera's! Usually doesnt get a good response.. Anyways, enough of this long drawn out post for a simple question. Any help would be great! Thanks

Aaron

Not sure about the DM, but you might want to look at Exacq, it's got true Mac compatibility, as well as Linux, it's a hybrid DVR/NVR, and has browser viewing with no plugins.

Contact DM, I believe the web browser software uses Javascript so it should work fine, DM should be able to give you a test site.

If you based in the UK Enterprise Security sell a MAC compatible DVR, works with the iphone a treat.

DM works in our mobile phone apps and we are on Android, Blackberry, Iphone/Itouch, & Winmo so i suspect it will work on a mac via safari although i have not tried personally.

here is another to try on a mac via safari. some live demos online to try.

http://nuvico.com/demo.htm

Aaronh,

I laughed as I read your post because I am facing a similar problem. I am currently trouble shooting and will let you know as soon as I find a solution. PLEASE, do the same for me!

Warm regards,

I attended a DM pep rally (class/ seminar) recently... There were a lot of die hard fans (mostly old timer integrators). Not really sure what was so special. The prices are crazy! Am I missing something?