eug

ACTi domes and doorways, Exacq on Atom

Hi everyone,

I'm setting up a cctv system for a small office building on a smaller budget. After reading through a whole bunch of posts, it seems like ACTi cameras will give the best bang-for-buck. THe more kickass cameras like Arecont, Stardot, and Mobotix won't fit in the budget, unfortunately.

I'm going to try and push for the ACM-3511 domes for indoors, and a single 7411 for the driveway area. Of course, without a diagram, it'd be impossible for you guys to tell if they're perfectly suitable, but they seem like they'd do the job.

My main concern is aiming the 3511 towards the main entry doors. I don't believe the 3511 has an auto-iris lens, and am unsure of what sort of BLC and AGC it has. There are no convenient power outlets around where the camera will be installed, so I can't easily place a light there. There will be no direct sunlight coming in. Has anyone used a similar camera in that sort of situation?

I'm trying to avoid using a box cam as some people may have itchy hands and the ceiling isn't very high.

For recording, Exacq seems like a very popular option. People seem to have no problems running it on an Atom system even though the requirements on their site call for a dual core Pentium .. I'm assuming it's because motion detection is done by the cameras? Are ACTI's motion detection algos all ok? Is the interface snappy (when accessed from another computer)? Can you tell it to watch for an object and highlight when it has been removed, or when something has been left behind? It's not stated on their features page...

Thanks!