Need some advice from the more experince members here ive only been in the business for a couple of year my experience its a bit limited.

I'm trying to put a quote together for a client and its been a nightmare.I have to install 2 cameras 750 to 1000 ft from where the office and dvr is,its a truck yard, i cant run cables which is what im use to doing,what would be the most cost effective way to do wireless wifi? i have a clear site from the office to the pole where the cams would be,im pretty good with networks so i was going to set up some type of high gain wifi antennas but im lost between ip cams and video server can someone advice me? which way to go?Appriciated big time

Thanks

What are you trying to decide, then? Whether to use IP cameras, or analog cameras with IP video encoders? If so, there's no functional difference when it comes to the network... your decision should rest on the appropriate camera for the purpose; ie. day/night, IR, PTZ, megapixel, etc. If a megapixel camera is most suitable, then all you need is the wireless link; if you don't need megapixel but need other features better provided by an analog camera, go with the analog and then add the video server.

I assume power is already available at the poles?

yeah i was thinking of going with ip cameras, was looking at the ones from "The Security Depot" this site sponsors

Outdoor Weatherproof HD IP 1.3 Mega Pixel True Day and Night Camera(has anyone try this cameras? how is the quality?)

Thanks

BTW Soundy Thank you so much for the quick responce and yes there is power at the poles