jxk716

Wide Angle Lens Help

I am having a tough time finding a wide angle cam. Here is what I need: at least a 2.2MM; BNC connection, High Res., Dome, IR would be great. Could not find many after hours of searching. Check out the picture, I think the lens is 2.0..what do you think? Any ideas where I can get one

255643809_WideShot.jpg.64be3d8006fa431438dc1f432f48f441.jpg

A few options, although none with built in IR. To compare apples to apples, you must also consider the size of the imager. A 2.0mm lens on a 1/3" camera will give you a 100 degree horizontal field of view. On a 1/4" imager, it will only give you an 85 degree horizontal field of view.

The Ganz ZCOH5-D25NHA comes with a 2.3-5mm lens. That's about as wide as you can get with an integrated mini dome. (http://computarganz.com/product_view.cfm?product_id=193)

Another option would be to buy a separate dome like a Pelco DF5 series, Sanyo VSE-6300 series, or Panasonic PID5 series; a suitable small box camera like the Pelco C10DN series, and wide angle lens. It can get a bit expensive but you can get lenses down to 1.6mm.

A few options, although none with built in IR. To compare apples to apples, you must also consider the size of the imager. A 2.0mm lens on a 1/3" camera will give you a 100 degree horizontal field of view. On a 1/4" imager, it will only give you an 85 degree horizontal field of view.

The Ganz ZCOH5-D25NHA comes with a 2.3-5mm lens. That's about as wide as you can get with an integrated mini dome. (http://computarganz.com/product_view.cfm?product_id=193)

Another option would be to buy a separate dome like a Pelco DF5 series, Sanyo VSE-6300 series, or Panasonic PID5 series; a suitable small box camera like the Pelco C10DN series, and wide angle lens. It can get a bit expensive but you can get lenses down to 1.6mm.

Some mini static domes have lenses you can swap out.

We had to do this when installing cameras in police detention cells to avoid blind spots.

I think the camera we used was the Sony SSC CD73VP and there may be others.

Ilkie