goalie

More then one Connection

IS there a firmware out for the DVR's mentioned in an other thread "DVMR-8CD and high res recording"

they are manufactured in korea. It only allows one connection at a time with the current Firmware I have. Is there one out? Is it in the plans or is the design itself limited to one and won't be changed?

[/img]

I doubt it will change right now. Almost all the budget Stand Alone DVRs only allow 1 user connection at one time. Best to check with them direct. I think it uses the same software as the Hisharp (?), which also only accepts 1 connection at a time, I imagine it is the same board

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/gallery/HiSharp.htm

Rory

yep thats correct same user interface.

too bad about that. Even something that knocks the previous logged in user would help. Just so that if i forget and leave it logged in one place i don't have to go back to the PC to be able to login from the other

He can drop the slave in the computer and control it from anywhere in the world...ie, shut down the software.

Its not a PC.. its a linux embedded DVR, only 1 internal (2 max) HDDs.

Software on 2nd drive would have to know how to talk to the EPROM Software. ... or am I missing something ..?

another way is a simple remote relay, such as :ARGHH: x-10. Then you can dial in or over the net get in and switch the DVR off and on again, disconnecting the current user ...even some burglar alarm systems will support this.

Rory

What he wants doesn't exist right now. I was offering a solution so that when he leaves rory's favorite dvr viewing software running, he can simply log into his computer, via the network/internet, that the DVR is also attached, to shut down the DVR viewing software (on his computer) so he can log in when he is away.

What he wants doesn't exist right now. I was offering a solution so that when he leaves rory's favorite dvr viewing software running, he can simply log into his computer, via the network/internet, that the DVR is also attached, to shut down the DVR viewing software (on his computer) so he can log in when he is away.

but thats not goin to disconnect the other user ... who is connected say, in china