bpzle

Wonwoo CCTV???

Also, we had some offices with zero light at night that we decided to try their internal IR cams on. I picked internal IR for what I assumed ease of install but not so much. There isn't enough room in the housing for the IRs they put in there. You have to pull the IRs out and remount them in the housing to get certain positions. Tiny little jewlers screws... what a PITA on a ladder.

I hear you on those small screws. Think I mentioned that problem in an earlier post. It gets to be even more fun when it is well below freezing and you try to get those suckers in with shaking hands. Tons of fun.

As for the picture quality, just to clarify, you were looking to be able to get an image past the doorway to the outside when the door opens?

Meh... that wasn't the initial goal. But I kind of expected to see at least the silhouette or shadow of someone standing a couple feet away from the entrance of the garage.

[

First off, sorry to Rory for not replying to his questions. I have been insanely busy with work and just have not had the time or energy to pop in here for more than a few seconds lately.

Secondly, here is a Wonwoo with WDR in action and off:

http://www.youtube.com/user/medgell72#p/a/u/1/ImsspSMpwfc

http://www.youtube.com/user/medgell72#p/a/u/0/fOrXRH5JJk0

no problem .. seems to see okay when the door is opened, inside and out, though i see some glare on the door's glass when it is closed, but probably due to low light inside.

Actually, that glare is caused by the translucent material on the outside of the window. If the window was clear and clean, I would assume that you would be able to see outside quite easily. Again, I will be installing those WDR's later this month in a warehouse with similar conditions to bpzle, and am curious to see whether I get the same results.

One thing I did notice about the WDR model that was really nice is that when I installed it earlier this week at a rail car load out facility, the camera was able to reduce the glare caused by light reflecting off of the paint surface of the rail cars, allowing the load out operator to use the cameras to read the car numbers far more easily than the non-WDR Wonwoos I had installed a couple months prior. The biggest downside to the new cameras is that the toggle switch and camera circuit board is now mounted around the inside of the housing, instead of having it mounted right beside the camera lens, like on the older models. I find that to be a major PITA when selecting which function to adjust because depending on how you have the lens turned, it forces you to look at the "up/down, right/left arrows" every time you want to change something. Not what I enjoy doing when standing up on a ladder with a hand held monitor in one hand already.