bs953

Pelco XIO panel and DS Xpress Real Vue

I have the DS RealVueXpress running through my XIO panel all is good in wonderland. I hooked up my 12th camera today and it has a motorized zoom, lens model 13zd6x8p. I am using the yellow, red wire for zoom and the green, black wire for focus. I have tied together Yellow and black as "common". I can apply 12 Vdc directly to these wires and zoom in and zoom out etc, focus etc.

What I can't figure is what do I use for protocals on the DS and the address. Also on the XIO panel I have RX+ RX- and TX+ TX-.

I need to know which com port to use, which adress and which protocal IE Pelco D no parity (which I have tried), I also tried seperating the wires rx tx respectively still no action. At the housing EH5700L I have the yellow/black tied together in the common. That point is moot since it works at that end and at my end, via 12Vdc.

Any help would be appreciated thanx guys and gals.

The lens will require a controller of some type, it does not have a way to be directly connected to data control lines. Something like the Pelco IRD2000 receiver, http://www.pelco.com/global/en/products/camera-solutions/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=9510&p_family_id=10231&p_range_id=2924 , would be what you need to convert the data signal to the DC lens control voltage (and pan/tilt control, if you have a pan/tilt assembly)

Just my luck. Go figure. Well it looks like it is time to bust out a project box, supply it with 12 volts and two DPDT momentary switchs. Whaddya think?

Thanx

Should work, but I'd start around 9 volts or so, a lot of lenses were 9 volt, plus the fact that a lot of unregulated transformers are quite a few volts higher than their rating when they are lightly loaded.

A replacement automotive power window switch would fit the bill for the momentary DPDT configuration, they are usually internally cross-wired in the same way you need, too.

Thanx for the reply, check and double check. I do happen to have a regulated 12 volt, that I knocked down to 10 volts@1 amp for a special application. That should fit the bill very nicely! Window switchs...thats an idea. Thanx

Well bingo after much ado', a small plastic project box, RJ45 connector, two switchs DPDT center off. I have zoom and focus from the "Man Cave". I thought what the hell lets do this two ways. So I put an rj 45 socket on the box and an end on the wire, then I also did a twin wire job in the shop 125' away. Therefore I can just unplug my box take it to the shop and plug it in or back to the "Man Cave". Just wish I could move that sucker around, oh well. I have four Spectra III's coming with keyboard, that will give me 13 camera's watching the triplex.

On to the next project!