Hi,

i have a stand alone dvr and it wont show the cams on the pc,

i think its a software problem,is it possible to configure say for instance Kodicom software to make it work?

what DVR is it?

Are you talking about connecting to the DVR over the network?

Are you using a browser (Internet Explorer) or the Windows Software?

Are you using a Router and what type are you using?

If not, are you using a hub or a direct connection?

Rory

que? = what?

meaning you should elaborate please on your problem...

Like what kind of standalone do you have? Was it a kodicom standalone, if not, did it come with software of it's own?

Here you can never give too much info... well, almost...

Anyway, it would be like going to a mechanic and saying, "Hey I have a car, and it won't go in reverse, could I put this GM transmission on it and make it work?"

-Marcus

AAAAAH que!

This is the dvr

MODEL SK-7223 SUNKWANG Electronics

router is netgear, connected to dvr by cat5

windows xp home edition

ie browser.

Worked for a while then software crashed and now wont connect.

Downloaded Kodicom software to try it but wanted advice before charging ahead!

ps Marcus, car goes great forwards & backwards

Kodicom works with it?

Anyway, so no network just direct connection? No Hub or Router?

Anyway it should work once you are not using a regular cat 5 cable, and have both set to the same IP range.

Are you using XP SP1, or SP2, or none just plain original XP .?

also, if it uses port 80, then try COmmand Prompt and telnet to it .. if it connects fine then it is 100% a software on your PC problem ..

TELNET IP PORT

IF it connects fine THEN it will open up in a full black window ..ELSE it will time out..

Rory

Here's the manual...

http://www.koreacctv.com/eng/images/item/367_n.pdf

To me it doesn't look like kodicom software will work, the software they have in the manual looks very basic. It didn't have any of the kodicom earmarks ie. site-code, etc. I don't use a whole lot of standalones besides the kodicom ones and only then a few. We used to use dedicated micros, but found it too limited on what we wanted out of it. Now I may be wrong, but I believe on the standalone kodicom units there is a slightly different client software than the pc based client software, if memory serves me.

Did you try installing the software that came with it on a different pc in the network to see if it is just the pc you are on?

-Marcus

Thanks Rory,

the dvr is connected via a router with cat5, the pc then is also connected to the router with cat5 .

Ive been into router settings and the dvr and pc show up as attached devices, also when i "ping" it its ok.

The dvr is connected to a tv and when status is selected the ip address and the mac address all tally up.

I think ive narrowed it down to the software but it looks like you have seen most things when it comes to routers.

Its frustrating to say the least, but hey cars still fine.

Okay, just to make it clear, you are just right now trying to connect to it locally right, not from a remote location?

if so, just make sure this all is correct:

Not sure what IP range the Netgear uses by default? 192.168.0.1?

Anyway, if that is it,

Try a telnet to it: Replace the IP below to whatever your IP is set to in the DVR.

TELNET 192.168.0.200 80

80 being the HTTP port. If that works then you should have no problems getting to it with the browser.

Also try the other ports:

im looking through the manual right now will get back ..

Are you in a lan with the dvr? It would probably be a lot easier to troubleshoot. If you're remote, say from home or something, it might be other issues, such as internet connection at the remote site, or router crapping out... (I stopped using netgear equipment a long time ago as they sucked when I used them, but I don't know about their current lines.) Then again it could be just that the little standalone needs to be rebooted, maybe it doesn't see the disconnect and still thinks someone is connected and won't let anyone else in. At this point it could be any number of things for it.

-Marcus

Okay, that DVR doesnt appear to support browser based (HTTP) are you sure this is the same DVR??

If it is, install the software and it should work once the IP range, Subnet Mask, and Gateway are the same as the router.

Ip range meaning 192.168.0 are the same as in the router under set up.

It uses port 5000, so do a telnet to that

TELNET 192.168.0.210 5000

(192.168.0.210 looks like the default IP in the DVR if you havent changed it then the router must be in the same range)

it should connect right away and open a black window ..

If that works, then the software will work provided there are no password issues. use the password entered into the DVR or the deault password if you didnt change it.

Thanks again,

only thing is , this is not it http://www.koreacctv.com/eng/images/item/367_n.pdf

This is it http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/digital-recorder.htm

second one down on page(7223) it gives the specs and manual inc setup guide.

The port in the manual asks for 3333 so this is what i have been using,

can it use another port?

ok hang on, again LOL

Ok did you change the IP in the DVR?

Also, what is the Netgear IP Range?

This DVRs default IP range is 192.168.1. ..

The Netgear may be different and you'll either have to change the DVRs or the Netgears ...one or the other.

Then telnet it using port 3333 ..

and from what the manual sais, it doesnt support browser based either.

Yeah, this is a better DVR than the first one I was looking at, from the specs and images

If you truly are still having issues, enable remote management for the router and let me in via PM or email to set it up for you ..also give me the Ip info in the DVR if you changed it .. you can always disable remote management or just change the password .. ONLY if you still have issues ..

Rory

Edited by Guest

Looks like in the manual it says "Confirm Disconnect". If it worked before and your software crashed you probably couldn't confirm your disconnect, so it smells of the system just not letting go of the connection. The system may have to be rebooted before remote connections will work again.

-Marcus

I have just rebooted and still the same,at first the disconnect button dint light up it stayed on connect even when it was connected,now it confirms disconnect but no video.

If you can, change the DVR Ip to outside of the DHCP, just in case ..

so instead of .3, make it .100 for example ..something easy to remember, i always just use 100s for stand alones, or 200s for PCs ..

ALSO, make sure the DVR gateway is 192.168.0.1 .. the same as the router ..and make sure the Subnet is also, this rarely needs changing though.

goto command prompt ...type in

TELNET 192.168.0.3 3333

thats a space between the TELNET and the IP and a space between the IP and the PORT 3333.

if it connects it is fine, if not reboot the DVR and then try it again, sometimes the LAN function on stand alones will lock up.

also reboot the router and PC if you still have problems connecting .. Telnet to the DVR needs to connect, for the software to connect to it .. same thing.