ricksi

WV-CS854 Pelco-P mode

I have several WV-CS854 cameras and have been running all but one in the Pelco-P protocol by setting the 6 position dipswitch. They all work fine except for one that I cannot get to change protocols. The manual has a 3 step process to reset, select comm settings, and assign the unit ID but that doesn't help. When the others startup and display the boot message, the subaddress is ----P, but on this one it's all dashes. Anyone have any ideas?

Ricksi,

I'm having the exact same problem with two different CS854 cameras. I followed the 3 step reset/setup directions given to me by Panasonic support and cannot get the cameras to go into Pelco mode either. I can get them to go into Panasonic mode and can talk to them from my computer over the RS485 interface in Panasonic mode using a test program. Did you ever figure out how to get your camera to enter Pelco mode?

UPDATE: I escellated a ticket with Panasonic Support. They researched the issue and reported to me that ONLY WV-CS854A or WV-CS854B cameras support Pelco mode. If the camera model number does not have the A or B designation, you will not be able to put it into Pelco mode.

Why do you use Panasonic WV-CU161 to control the camera?

Did you mean why "don't" you....I wanted to control the cameras from computer software...and did not have an extra CU161.