Soundy

Info needed: SHD-9237NE PTZ

OKay, so the TRS jack is for the IR mouse input... so I still need to figure out which wires are the control inputs.

Right, interesting... I've found a wide variety of info on these two cameras, much under different names... seems a lot of outfits re-brand these things around the world. Maybe if I put some pictures up, someone with more info will recognize them.

So, there are two of them, SHD-9237NE, and SHD-8237NE. It appears that both are the same camera module, but the 9237 is a newer motor unit that provides much higher-speed rotation and finer control.

I found a manual for the 8237 (under a different brand and model number - iSAFETEK ISI-201HO) that shows the DIP switch settings, and I got that one running using the default DYNA 9600 protocol on my Vigil DVR (it also works with Pelco D and P) at ID 002. Only problem with this one, there appears to be a mechanical issue with the FOCUS drive, and it will only move a little bit in either direction. Gak.

For the 9237 model, there are no DIP switches to configure protocol and ID; I managed to find another manual (again, different brand and model - CIA Trading TVCD2523xxx) that appears to apply to this camera, but it indicates that the only way to program this one is via the IR remote. This is a problem, since I have neither the remote, nor the IR receiver "mouse". I can't get it working on the Vigil either, apparently since the camera ID is set to 0000, but the Vigil won't go to zero; the settings only start at 1 (yes, I tried hacking the registry to set it to 0; Vigil displays it as 0, but still no joy).

I'd love to get the 9237 going, since it appears to be a much more robust drive system, but in the interim, I'll probably just swap the camera modules and put the one with the working focus into the one with the working control.

I'd still love to hear from anyone who has experience with either of these, especially someone who might know of some way to change the options in the 9237 drive system WITHOUT using the IR system. Some third-party software that supports DynaColor protocol might help, too...

Of course, I am just using an RS-232 port direct to the RS-485 inputs here, which USUALLY works, and DOES work with the 8237, but the 9237 simply might not like it without the proper conversion, so I may need to track down a 232/485 converter...