jefferies

Help - Playback a bak in .264 format for insurance company

I bought a standalone dvr and 4 cam. it copies backup in .264 format.

I had wind damage to my house, and made a copy of the backup file, but don't know how to play it for them. Here is a copy of the file

ch0000001-0500810.xxxxxx.xxxxx.00000.264 how to I play this for them or change format.

I have tried fshow, windows media player etc, nothing is working what the hell is this .264 format. Should have gotten mepeg.

Please email me asap or you can even call me at [mod edit, solution found, tel no removed]

thank you

Steve

Edited by Guest

A player should have come with the DVR, or check the manufacturers website?

What brand is it?

Its from China its a H.264 Embedded Network DVD 8 Channel. I got 4 cameras , that are clear during the day but IR is ****. Going to buy 2 good cameras in a few days. the ones I got are only 420 tlv. Any help on cameras looking at about 75- 100. on each.

Anyway I have the player but its junk, thought maybe someone else had a player that might be better. thanks

Steve.

Try what soundy posted, otherwise it might be a proprietary file.

CNB have good IR and Day Night bullets for a low price.

make sure you get the right one for your application though, they have many.

Look for one with an Infrared IR Cut filter or ICR if you want better quality, check the IR distances also, expect it to be a little less then specked.

Found software to work with it. Called Xilisoft Ulitmate. Works well change format to mov or avi or others. Thank you all. Now for a few cameras. Will post a new thread and see where it goes.