Hi. The time on the PC upon which the DVR software is installed appears to be inaccurate. Changing the time on the O/S (Win Xp) fixes things temporarily, before it again gets out of sync with the real time (in a matter of days it is noticeably off). Changing the time on the BIOS is equally useless. Things just get back to being out of sync as the days go by (in less than a month, the time is 15 mintues off).

Of course this means that the timestamps on the video footage recorded by the DVR are innaccurate. So what do I do here? I am wondering if this means I got a faulty motherboard (i.e. quartz crystal) that is not causing the clocks to be out of sync. Can this be fixed without swapping out the motherboard?

First thing to change is the battery, that is a common error with a bad battery.

...then set the computer to sync with an internet time server (assuming it's on the network).

With XP, double-click the clock in the system tray, and in the Date and Time Properties, go to the Internet Time tab and check the "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server" box. By default, it should now sync once a week, but that time can be decreased.