Stevebayb

Please help with a bit of tek spec

Hello. On a previous post i asked if someone would be able to help me set up my dome using a vcl controller.....as i didnt get a reply now i have decided to try to control the dome via my dvr card in my pc........would someone tell me what i will need to do this.....as in the cable/adaptor that plugs into the pc which goes to the dome,a good recormended ptz software program and if known what terminals to connect....I really need to get this dome running as i have an arsonist at the back of me and i want to come home to a house and not a pile of ash...........this is my previous post ....many thanks Steve.....

Hello,I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me...I have set up a cctv system with a Dennard 2050 ptz dome,dvr card in my pc and a baxall up the coax controller.....every thing was fine and working perfectly for a couple of months but the baxall controller has stoped working...I have a VCL MAX0124-00 telematry controller which has a rj45 connection on the back and also a seperate power supply...

My question is one end of the cable goes into the vcl but i do not no the cable colours / numbers to make into a twisted pair that goes to the dennaed dome........

I think this is correct but im no cctv expert........I only want to control the camera from home and do not want to control it over the internet.....Please Help Somebody....Thanks for reading this..Steve

Not familiar with any of your specific gear, but in general...

If you camera supports Pelco D or P protocols (most do, in addition to their own), you can use PTZ Controller as a generic control software (www.serialporttool.com).

You would need a DB9-Female plug to connect to your computer's serial port; assuming the camera's connected is RS-485, you would then connect pin 3 (TX+) to the RX- pin on the camera, and pin 5 on the serial port (GND) to RX+ on the camera. Any sort of wire is good for the connection - UTP (Cat5e, Cat3), station wire, bell wire, speaker wire...

Make sure you serial communication parameters all match (baud rate, data bits, parity and stop bit) between the software and the camera, make sure the camera ID matches, and you should be good to go.

A lot of DVR software supports PTZ control internally as well, using the same sort of connection.