Sign in to follow this  
abaway

Wrong setup for webcam viewing on website?

Hi, I know how most forums are with people posting questions right away and not doing any research. Trust me, I've been researching this for a few hours and can't find an answer. I'm helping someone set up a security system for viewing over the internet. It's a Q-see QSD9004V-320 and I have it set up to view over the local network. We're waiting for the ISP to give us a static ip address for viewing over the net. However, the question is, is there any way to use this set up to put a webcam image on a website? He'll be able to access the dvr menu over the internet, but we'd like to put a autoupdating webcam image on his website. Something that anyone can easily see. I have a feeling that it's not possible with this setup, but would like any suggestions you might have. Thank you.

When it comes to computers, there's almost always a way to do it. But if you get off the beaten path, it can require creativity, or money.

The software might have some kind of auto-backup feature you could harness to snap a picture every hour/minute/whatever. Then, you have your FTP software set to synchronize the website with the contents of the directory where the picture is being saved.

You could use Windows built-in task scheduler, maybe, depending on your set-up. Quickeys -- http://www.startly.com/ -- a user-friendly macro-making program might be useful. With it, you can set up complex actions, like record yourself doing whatever it would take to manually snap the picture and upload it to the website, then just set that action to repeat every X minutes.