Brunothepro

Strange Issue with Webcam

We have a machine in the field, GV-800 4channel, running 8.33 and 32 bit Win7. Machine runs fine, until you check the mobile tab in the Webcam server setup. Then, Webcam starts shutting off then turning on every 30 seconds, continuously, until you uncheck the mobile tab, then it is fine. Anyone else encounter this? If so is it a setting I am missing or a bug? This machine was originally built with XP Pro, but there were issues with Windows itself (along with this webcam issue) so we had them wipe the machine and do a fresh install with Win7.

If it came with XP then its not made for Windows 7, which uses ALOT more resources, I would start by putting Windows XP back on it, XP professional preferably, which is better suited for a DVR anyway.

IT IS possible that is a bug in 8.33, as they do have bugs, so if you still wish to hang on to the slow Windows 7 OS, then you could uninstall 8.33 and install 8.32 and see if that fixes the problem. Im not sure if that feature is even in 8.32 as I dont use the cell phone features so never looked.