i bought an 8 camera cctv dvr security system. Its been 4 days since installer supposedly started job and he has yet to put up one camera. He says there is all kinds of stuff he has to download before he can begin putting up cameras. i already have the same type of system, 8 camera, in the bar, and this new one is for my cardroom in the back. when i had the other system installed, it took one guy 4 hours to put all cameras up and the other guy showed us how to use the system in about 2 hours and they were gone. i don't trust this new guy. why after buying a $600 system would you have to spend 4 days downloading a bunch of stuff?

I hope he's not billing you for all this time! It's possible he's getting firmware updates for the DVR, although those shouldn't be necessary for getting it installed and working - it can always be updated later. Ditto if he's downloading a remote client. As for the time it's taking, maybe he's on dialup?

I'd ask him for specifics on what he's downloading that's taking so long... if it's the manual, RUN!

(Edit: hmm, $600 for DVR *and* 8 cameras?? Yowtch... cheap cheap cheap).

The $600 price tag might be a reason for all the troubles. That is an awfully cheap system. I can't even source something in the eight camera with DVR range for $600. Well, I could, but I wouldn't.

yeah ask him to send us info on his products .. sounds like a good deal

Anyway, maybe he is just busy doing other jobs making more money, and is just using downloading software as an excuse?