omer78

How to turn off Audio recording on GV-800 to save space?

Hey guys, is it possible to turn off audio recording on the GV-800 with v8.3.4.0

my HD is 320GB and i see that at least 10% of it is audio recodings, the funny thing is that

i dont record audio at all, can i just disable audio recording to save up HD space ?

i tryed to google for it and to brwose the software features but couldn't find it.

please help, thx again...

omer

Hi Rory, thx for your replay, please let me know if that is the place that you have mentioned

that's the only place i could find, and btw if that's the right place it was already checked out for all 4CH and still i get so many "event734057304.wav" on the audio folders that consumes a lot of space...

thx

128434_1.jpg

Thats the only place I know of.

Also you could try turn down the levels, and disconnect any mic if you have one connected.

What version is the Geo software, and are you certain it is a legit card?

Hey Rory, the geo version is the latest 8.3.4.0.

i lowered the levels for all 4CH, don't use any mic attached to the audio port and still get this large *.wav files.

I might try to disable the audio on the entire DVR PC from device manager, maybe it will work....

i'll keep updating.

thx.

Audio level wouldn't make a difference to file size since WAV is an uncompressed format. Assuming 16-bit, 48kHz audio, it will be 96kbytes per second per channel, regardless of level or content.

Disabling the PC's audio should disable it, but will normally get an audio error from Geo when it loads .. but Geo will still work. I havent used 8.34, latest version I have used is 8.33, but I doubt they would leave such a big bug in 8.34.

What are the specs of the PC, OS, etc?

The Geo cards I've come across all have their own audio inputs... disabling the PC's audio would have no effect on that.

Hi, my DVR PC has very low spec:

Intel P4 2.4Ghz

ATI Radeon 9600 128MB

1.5Gb of RAM

320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

Win 7 32Bit.

PCI Geovision GV-800 16CH with V8.3.4.0

Iphone 3GS with the I-View software

4x Analog no name Cameras

and hopefully very soon, ACM-1321 with POE injector....

So from what i see the audio will continue to be added due to the fact there is no way to disable it?

I'm assuming that 90% don't use audio recording so everyone suffers from that amount of *.wav files on there systems, the thing is that i don't have any mic on my cameras so what exactly does it record?

The Geo cards I've come across all have their own audio inputs... disabling the PC's audio would have no effect on that.

Yes, if the PC audio is disabled, then the Geo Audio does not work, and Geo will popup an error when it loads.

Hi, my DVR PC has very low spec:

Intel P4 2.4Ghz

ATI Radeon 9600 128MB

1.5Gb of RAM

320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

Win 7 32Bit.

PCI Geovision GV-800 16CH with V8.3.4.0

Iphone 3GS with the I-View software

4x Analog no name Cameras

and hopefully very soon, ACM-1321 with POE injector....

So from what i see the audio will continue to be added due to the fact there is no way to disable it?

I'm assuming that 90% don't use audio recording so everyone suffers from that amount of *.wav files on there systems, the thing is that i don't have any mic on my cameras so what exactly does it record?

Id still check that the card is legit.

Also what is the chipset of the Motherboard?

Id lean towards the hardware ... or bad drivers or something.

Disable the onboard audio and install a separate sound card, something up to date, as it is those specs are historic and way too slow for 8.3. Its most likely a motherboard issue, I have never seen that problem with a Geo system yet. Additionally on a system with such slow hardware, I would ditch windows 7 and put something on that which was developed for it, such as XP. Geo 8.3 is going to kill that machine though no matter what you do with it.

[quote="rory"][quote="Soundy"]The Geo cards I've come across all have their own audio inputs... disabling the PC's audio would have no effect on that.[/quote] Yes, if the PC audio is disabled, then the Geo Audio does not work, and Geo will popup an error when it loads.[/quote] Well that's um... kinda... er, I guess one more thing to add to my "WTF GV????" list.

I will have to stick with win7 since i got a genuine copy and once you go win7 you can't go back( ok i speak for my self)

I will try to get some more ram, the mother board is Asus P4PE and support up to 4GB of RAM.

I will disable the audio one BIOS as well and will see if i'll still get those Audio folder fill up with *.wav files...

I'll keep you updated!

Take care guys !