Sign in to follow this  
programmergeek

looking for DVR

I am getting more serious about cameras and it is time to go towards a dedicated DVR. Currently I interface a couple of network cameras through a HAI system and although ok I think a dedicated DVR is the way to go. I spoke to my distrbutor and he recomended a speotech stdvr8th but I am not sure it will do what I need so I also wanted some other recomendations or what people are using.

The catch is here it needs to interface with a home automation system so I need triggers in and out. I would like to know if someone removes the trailer in my yard and trigger a alarm. Also be able to view on a iphone and pc the feeds. Record on an event for example someone triggers the f door motion sensor record cameras 1,2 and 3 for 2 min. and send out a email possibly with a pic. Not sure if this is all possible but your feedback is appreated.

The catch is here it needs to interface with a home automation system so I need triggers in and out. I would like to know if someone removes the trailer in my yard and trigger a alarm. Also be able to view on a iphone and pc the feeds. Record on an event for example someone triggers the f door motion sensor record cameras 1,2 and 3 for 2 min. and send out a email possibly with a pic. Not sure if this is all possible but your feedback is appreated.

Hi,

Most of these if not all can be done with a stand alone dvr. I am using a PC based dvr integrated with HAI panel to achieve a more reliable sensor and motion based recording. The way my DVR is set up is it sends me an email with picture only when my panel is armed away and my outside sensor detects motion as well as motion from my outside camera. These three conditions need to be satisfied first before it sends out email.

There are so many integrations that can be done with this set up. You can also control your lights or open your garage from remote client software. This way you dont need to open snap link or WL3. All these integrations are relay based though.