Sign in to follow this  
rory

Anyone used the CNB BE-4815NVR?

With 2 of the same cameras I get an IR ring.

They are both brand new cameras.

Basically it is great in the day, and initially works great with IR under pitch dark, but after a minute a distinctive ring begins to appear. Ive tried it indoors and outdoors and same thing (indoors got my eyes flickering also BTW maybe as it was reflecting off a window, it does claim 160' of IR, lets hope i dont go blind ). Everything is factory, I did adjust the dip switches to see if it makes a difference but no change. It is set to the 3.8mm from the factory (seems so). I dont have much time to spend with this camera, which is why Im checking to see if anyone else has used it yet and had the same experience. I can adjust the zoom but dont want to unless I absolutely have to, as then I have to focus it for IR also which id like to avoid (eye issues and all).

Any ideas?

Camera is clean, never opened, focus not adjusted (factory focus), and it has a fixed ring to prevent the ir reflecting back.

Edit, found a similar camera on youtube with the same exact issue, seems this must be just how they are.

If so, cant say I would use it again.

Edited by Guest

Hi Rory,

It is because of the different type of IR LED's that are used to illuminate the picture. The camera probably has a ring of 15-30 LEDs on the inside. Then on the next ring it uses 45 degree leds. Then go back to 15-30 degree LEDS. Then another ring of 45 degree LEDs. Doing it this way they can achieve the 160' of IR illumination that they are claiming but comes with some drawbacks as you can see the different illumination brightness shown on the rings. They were probably trying to soften the flashlight effect because of the varifocal lens of the camera so they cannot predict what focal length you will be using. If you zoom it all the way in it will be hardly noticeable.

Thanks, yeah that sounds correct.

Guess for $1200 less then the EX82's we can deal with the ring effect