WarrenM

Bought another Monalisa

Bought a vbm-24vf and they sent a free MG Electronics (MGT2420) 24vac 20va power supply with it. I have been using 12v regulators for each camera and was planning the same but after reading some I am thinking I can hook up both my VCM and VBM on this one power supply....? Is this correct? Never messed with 24v and wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Warren

Those cameras only require 2.2W, so both of them should run quite happily off a single 24V/20VA supply.

Thing about using 24V, for any given camera and any given power draw, it requires half the current of 12V, and will be less susceptible to line losses. This is largely why most "professional" cameras use it in addition to, or instead of, 12V... and why most professionals prefer it.

Working out fine. I have this one on the east side of my house where the driveway is. When evening comes I have a deep shadow on part of the driveway from the house and the rest of the (rock) drive looks like it is glowing. I turned the Lens - DC - Brightness down to about 4 and the SBLC up to medium and it seemed to help out. Also turned Color controls down also for a better look. Any other ideas that could blend it a bit better without adverse effects when it switches to night mode? ......I'm concerned about turning the DC Brightness down but will check the effect tonight.