Sign in to follow this  
Bluzman23

Looking for some help with my system

Hi all,

Newbie here to this forum, just looking for some help & idea's for my system. I currently have 3 camera's Installed on my home. I additionally have 2 ptz's which I just purchased and a fixed zoom & some other units as well, not in action yet. I started my system a while back and have upgraded or so I hope about 1 year ago to the camera's I have now. I am a halloween Nut, and have had some of my lawn items stolen a few times which is how I got started. I live in NY on Long Island. I have a cape style home, with a few soffets, most are very low like reachable from the ground low, but i am not too worried about people smashing or attacking my camera's. I currently have 1 camera mounted on the soffet about 5 feet from the edge of my home aiming at the street. A second camera is up high on the facia above my 2 car attached garage aiming at the driveway, and a last is a dome mounted on my porch ceiling aimed at the path to catch faces and such of people comming up to the door. soffet and driveway cam are both the same, USAG Midnight technology varifocal lens 2.8 -12 mm US-BC1B-2-MDNT cameras, which see well at night with no visable IR leds. My porch cam is a SONY brand Dome varifocal lens as well, not sure on the lens size. It's not a nightvision, but I have porch lighting which I turn on at night and it makes my cam pictutre look like broad daylight.

I will take some shots of my house from the street in hope of someone helping me with proper placement, or reconfiguring so I can take advantage of my new camera's ( the ptz's and zoom). I included a screen shot of my current cam's . Using a Everfocus Ecor8D DVR.

I would love to do some plate capture with the fixed zoom which is a Speco 652-HZ ( 27x optical 12 digital) But I have not found the perfect enclousure yet, I purchased one but it is way to large for my liking.

Any input would be great. I am a electrican by trade, so this has become a bit of a hobby, which is why I have so many differnt cam's, I just need the time to install them. the PTZ's I have are a CNDB-100 surface mount 10x optical and a chineese brand 27x optical zoom arm mount which I am figuring on mounting on the side peak of my home.

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to get all the info out there so a complete idea can be hatched.129530_1.jpg

Just figured I would put up some pics of my home from the street and yard , looking for mounting location idea's.

You can see my current cam's mounted.

I put them all in a folder not sure if it was ok to post 8 or 9 pics in my post.

below is a night shot of my setup.

Have to work on the url, having problems. will post them tomorrow

129532_1.jpg