streethacker

How to tell what CCD you have?

Is there a way to PHYSICALLY tell what CCD is in the camera by takeing it apart..I dont want to rely on what is on the spec sheet due to all the LIES in this field I Know the Chipset is correct Next Chip 2010 ..But i dont see a way to tell what CCD is in it Ive tried looking for a model number with no luck.. THANKS!

I took the CCD board out of the camera..Would it be on the back of the ccd Board or would I have to desolder the CCD from the board? Thanks for your help!

No need to desolder the CCD. Just take a pocketknife and carefully pry the CCD off the board so you can inspect the back of the chip for the model number. Reattachment is simple too: just use a drop of superglue (but don't use too much!).

Yes, that's a joke. Do NOT do that! Seriously, if you can't trust the specs then why buy the camera? These days, cameras from REPUTABLE manufacturers are inexpensive enough that I can't understand why anyone would buy a questionable piece of junk.

No need to desolder the CCD. Just take a pocketknife and carefully pry the CCD off the board so you can inspect the back of the chip for the model number. Reattachment is simple too: just use a drop of superglue (but don't use too much!).

Yes, that's a joke. Do NOT do that! Seriously, if you can't trust the specs then why buy the camera? These days, cameras from REPUTABLE manufacturers are inexpensive enough that I can't understand why anyone would buy a questionable piece of junk.

" title="Applause" /> thank god I did not tried this and read your full reply!!!!