Sign in to follow this  
Suprfknman

AV10005 & Milestone Xprotect Basis + 6.5c

Hi all I just picked up one of the new Arecont 10mp AV10005 cameras. It does take a 10mp picture it is not a spectacular picture but not bad and it was only 700 dollars plus shipping. So I installed the latest device pack on my Milestone Xprotect Basis + 6.5c and got a SLC for the new camera. I can go to the cameras IP address and see a full size picture but in the Milestone client window all I am getting is the center 20% or so of the image. If I set the camera for 1080p in the cameras config page it opens up a little more in the Milestone client window. I went to the Milestone Administrator and to the settings panel for this camera it says it is configured for jpeg not H.264 which I believe I should be using. I contacted the retailer of the camera they dont what the issue can be and I emailed Milestone but it takes them a few days so if anyone knows a fix for this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Will

Do you see the full image when you use Areconts software? If so it would a issue with Milestone. Its a new camera so there might be some firmware issues right now. What lens are you using?

When I use the web viewer I can see the whole picture everything is fine. I have an arecont 6mm lens. I did issue a ticket with Milestone it just takes them a few days to respond usually. I believe part of the issue is the Milestone software using the mjpg stream and not the H.264 but I dont know how to tell the software which to use it selected it automatically upon initial config.

Will

I did not see the new Arecont listed in the supported model list on Milestone, even in the Beta driver pack. It's probably seeing it as a 5MP model or so, and only showing the number of pixels that a 5MP camera would. Most likely, you'll be waiting for the next device pack or beta pack. If you need a more immediate answer, their phone support is fairly good, too.

When I use the web viewer I can see the whole picture everything is fine. I have an arecont 6mm lens. I did issue a ticket with Milestone it just takes them a few days to respond usually. I believe part of the issue is the Milestone software using the mjpg stream and not the H.264 but I dont know how to tell the software which to use it selected it automatically upon initial config.

Will

Do you have the model number of the lens you are using?

Hi the lens is not the issue the picture is fine when I go direct to the cameras ip address the issue is definetly with the Milestone configuration

Will

I tried a few different ones the arecont 4mm works well with it I have a few of these they came with my Stardot 5mp cameras. I also tried the 6mm arecont lens its a tighter view but you cant get it as crisp as you can with the 4mm lens. Now that 5mp and higher cameras are commonplace manufacturers need to step up their game on these lenses. I have a 7mp pocket camera that takes an amazing pic edge to edge crisp and it was only 200 dollars new like 3 years ago how hard can it really be to make a good lens. The capability of todays hi res cameras exceed the lens capability. A good lens will need to have a 2nd fine focus ring maybe something you adjust with a small torx so you can really get a super crisp focus or make cameras that take slr lenses like the avigilon pro line. You can get off brand slr lenses cheap these days and they are preety good.

Will