jxk716

Wide Angle, Low Light Cam Needed

I have a CNB vcm-24vf in a location where a wider lens is needed; the 2.8 is not covering the area I need. I have searched this forum for ideas on a low light, analogue camera (24 VAC or 12 VDC) with a wide lens and can not seem to find much. I have a Panasonic WV-CW484 in another location on the same system and thinking about swapping the two and using a 2.2 CS mount fixed lens on the Panasonic for a wider view. Ideally I need a 1.9 or a 2.0. It has to be a dome because of the location, vandal proof preferred, and good in low light. There is a street lamp about 50 feet away. Any ideas?

Any camera with a CS mount can accept a wide range of lenses. Assuming the sensor is 1/3", you can get a Computar T2314FICS 2.3mm Manual Iris, T2Z1816CS Varifocal 1.8-3.6mm Manual Iris or auto-iris versions of them. They are relatively short lenses that will fit in domes that have a CS camera. If the camera has a different lens mount or imager size, all bets are off.

http://computarganz.com/index.cfm

Thats true, i was thinking fixed lens dome which I myself already tried with a 1.8 and 2.45 fixed lens on a CNB vandal dome and neither fit .. his is microvarifocal so he would need a microvarifocal lens, actually that may be even more difficult to locate.