WCHS

Stand Alone NVR or Hybrid options?

What dedicated NVR / Hybrid options are available on the market. Not looking for information on PC card based systems or software NVRs. The price range would be more for a home owner on a budget than a business with inventory to protect from all angles. Are there sub $1000 NVRs available for an installation of 8 cameras that would fit this budget? Are there compatibility issues between NVRs and IP cameras from different manufacturers that should be watched for when considering certain Network Video Recorders? I've pretty much either used DVR/analog systems, or in the case of IP cameras, individual IP cameras using the home user software that comes with them. Planning a different system to manage multiple buildings on the same property that are networked together with some Veracity Highwire ethernet over coax converters. Would like the standalone NVR in one building, while the IP cameras are placed in other buildings or over 802.11n wireless. I've had the Veracity network running for quite some time, so the next step is to upgrade the current DVR to something more applicable to my needs so I can skip wiring long runs for analog cameras or having a seperate DVR in other buildings for analog cameras. If I skip the analog, and upgrade to either all IP or a hybrid for existing analog and additional IP, then either an NVR or Hybrid seems logical. So what's available out there?