thazy2

Good lense for Arecont 5mp ip cam?

I just purchased the unit used but i dont think its the right lens, Computar 4.5-12.55 1:1.2 Ir1/2" CS made in Japan.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Other than it maybe not being a "megapixel" lens (your description doesn't say), I don't see anything "wrong" with those specs.

Thats what i mean. I cant find anything on the lens stating its for megapixel cam. I think the pic on this cam should be better. I have reason the the original purchaser installed an improper lens.

Could anyone recommend a lens more suited for this Arecont to get the best quality?

You want the specs to include "1/2 inch", and "megapixel" (or MP). If it's a day/night model, you want it to be "IR" as well. Beyond that... anything for focal length that suits your needs.

I have a new Arecont 4-10mm 1/2" sensor, f1.8 lens, specifically made by Arecont for Arecont megapixel cameras. It's yours for $100, shipped in the U.S. Let me know if you are interested.

Have some experience with Computar's 4.5-12.5mm lens.

Should be OK for 1.3MP camera. for any camera with resolution higher than 2MP, the image is quite soft, even in central area.

I don't think there is any off the shelf and "affordable" lens which can match 1/2.5" 5MP sensor perfectly.

That Kowa lens that Wireguys listed (above) 130956_1.jpg

Looks exactly like the Arecont branded lens I have (below).

Problem is, neither of those are from Kowa's Megapixel line of lenses, they are just standard res lenses. Kowa's true Megapixel lenses work MUCH better.....130956_2.jpg

Mine is different, it's F1.6, 4.5-10mm. I think when I tried to order the F1.8 4-10mm, it was discontinued or the distributor made a mistake. I am fairly certain it's an Arecont lens, came in an Arecont box for my Arecont camera.

Here's the picture of the lens, so Anixter sells fakes, didn't know that.

[attachment=0]DSC_0694.jpg[/attachment]

Looks like the lens that comes with the AV3155DN domes...

The image quality from it on my old AV3100DN was quite good. I dumped the camera on eBay but forgot to sell the lens. I was hoping to be able to use it, maybe get a cheap ACTi cube like Hardwired did and put this lens on for a better image and varifocal capability.