nortonski

HELP!! Avtech/Jupiter Backup/playback issues...

Hi folks,

I've owned my Jupiter system from CCTVDirect for about 10 months now, it's the H.264 version with USB & DVD backup options.

Anyway, to cut a long story short we have problems with our neighbours, which the presence of CCTV has helped to curb. However a couple of days back we had another incident, captured on CCTV, but when I back up to USB & try to playback on a PC or MAC I can't open the file...

It's a .dv4 extension, has anyone got ANY idea where I can get a player &/or how to open it?

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hi folks,

I've owned my Jupiter system from CCTVDirect for about 10 months now, it's the H.264 version with USB & DVD backup options.

Anyway, to cut a long story short we have problems with our neighbours, which the presence of CCTV has helped to curb. However a couple of days back we had another incident, captured on CCTV, but when I back up to USB & try to playback on a PC or MAC I can't open the file...

It's a .dv4 extension, has anyone got ANY idea where I can get a player &/or how to open it?

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hope you figured it out by now, but just in case. If Jupiter is similar to avtech look for a program/file called "videoplayer" or "PlayerLiteHJ" on your system. Hopefully it got installed when you installed from the accompanying cd. On my system (maybe you need latest firmware), it actually put's an exe file on the usb drive, so you can just install it from there.