acampbell

Car Survailence

Had a question, I am wanting to start carry some kind of mobile ready dvr and cameras, Something that can be motion activated, and played back on a in-dash dvd player. Any suggestions. I don't want to buy the cheaply made "car cameras with build dvr because i am trying to set up 2-4 cameras on each car and want them centralized to one dvr for playback and rec.

Seon Dot Com, these are used in school buses, law enforcement and other mobile applications. Good place to start shopping. Standard DVRs work for mobile applications if you are using a solid state drive. I've seen this done in motor homes as mobile video security, but motorhomes have the space for larger DVR boxes.

hi, if you search vehicam gps in google, this is a good accident recording system with a built in GPS logger for measuring driving styles such as breaking and acceleration. It also has a neat feature that pre-records 15 seconds before the shock sensor is triggered so that no vital evidence is not missed when you crash, it also then records continuously after this has been triggered.

The camera stamp on the GPS also records the location data and speed, the vehicle location can then be located on Google maps or other feature like accident reports can be viewed or printed using the software provided with the Vehicle GPS camera.

There are a lot of Chinese low-end options for this, but that Mobilewatchman system looks pretty dang good.

If you want to go bargain basement shopping, head over to aliexpress and search for Taxicab DVR.

Just had a quick look at the MobileWatchman system and it looks good, but damn expensive.

There are cheap in car recorders available but there are also some pretty decent ones too that cost less than a quarter of the Watchman unit but that record in FullHD and manage to squeeze GPS and G-sensors into a very small unit.

I would have thought that by moving the GPS, G-sensor and recording components into a remote box you should be able to save on the duplication of some parts and been able to worry less about the size of the other parts. Also with SSDs dropping in price you could use one of these instead of memory cards now and write a lot faster. Another advantage of using a separate recorder would be that you could make it a lot harder to steal.