thazy2

Dual software on one PC?

Example:

AverMedia for 16ch analog cards.

&

Nuuo 4ch for IP

both on one I7 PC. Do you think it will work

Will it work yes, but most importantly will it be reliable NO and why would you want to look at 2 different software to view your cameras? I don't use AverMedia but don't they have hybrid NVR software? You might get it to work with VMs but I would not recommend something like this.

Do it right and use one solution there are plenty of Hybrid options out there.

Will it work yes, but most importantly will it be reliable NO and why would you want to look at 2 different software to view your cameras? I don't use AverMedia but don't they have hybrid NVR software? You might get it to work with VMs but I would not recommend something like this.

Do it right and use one solution there are plenty of Hybrid options out there.

What you u recommend?

Im tired of my old analog Aver system w/ poor quality and limited FOV. The Aver has the ability to do IP cams but not very stable. Adding an Arecont 5mp cam would cause random rebooting. I have tried many OS and vary PCs w/ the same result. Avers oftware issue may be the problem. I was considering adding NUUO w/ 4ch setup to the existing system.

I would keep the old aver system for basic cameras for now then add a couple mp cameras .. ask wireguys about the mini PCs he built as NVRs ... low current and small. BTW the FOV would not generally be any different. Random rebooting could be the system itself, though you say it is a new i7 PC? Im not a fan of avermedia DVR software but others love it ... i use Geo myself, tried Avermedia and just did not like it. Avermedia seems to be stable though going by the other members that use it.