cctvlad

tv trigger?

Morning all

Got an idea but dont know how. if im watching on my home tv and motion is triggered by dvr how do i get it to automatically switch to AV on the tv for a few seconds so i know whats happening this is instead of a separate montor in the house.

any ideas?

There probably won't be a way to make the itself switch automatically, unless it has some sort of alarm input. What you COULD do, is rig an alarm output on the DVR to trigger an IR sender to send the TV the IR code to change inputs. If you have a PC-based DVR, there are USB-attached senders that would work, although you'd have to tell the software somehow to send to it, or triggers its own software to send the codes.

In short, I don't think there's a SIMPLE way to make this happen. What you COULD do, is program the DVR to beep on motion (if it supports that) or hook some sort of audible alarm (beeper, bell, buzzer) to the alarm output, to warn you if there's motion.

Keep in mind that this will probably drive you nuts pretty quickly unless you set up your motion zones/masking very carefully... bugs flying in front of the camera could be enough to trigger motion.