Iam using wireless outdoor ip camera 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD 720X480 resolutions china made not bad features standalone ip etc. other then image which is slightly blury my question is in one of the other posts someone added Fujinon megapixel lens to an acti camera

which sharpened the image considerably could I expect simaler results or am I wasting my money

any suggestions on lens

thanks new to this

A megapixel lens SHOULD improve the image (assuming there's nothing else wrong), but would be real overkill, when a simple upgrade to a quality non-MP lens should suffice.

Edited by Guest

Anything name-brand - Fujinon, Tamron, National Electronics, Samsung... the exact model will depend on your specific need.

Just to make sure it was the lens vs camera, I had my rep send me a demo ACTi acm-4201 and I can tell you that the included lens is as sharp as when he put the other lens on it, he must of not have had it focused or it slipped out of focus. The problem with that lens was that it doesn't have any focus lock so vibration can cause it to shift out of focus where higher end ACTi cameras have a screw to lock the focus setting.

But cameras from China seem to have very poor optics, for example, I upgraded the lens on my Foscam wth one that costs $6 and it was a huge improvement in image quality. Also, some cameras, like Arecont require that you put shims in to set the backfocus to get the sharpest image. Honestly, if you are not happy with the image quality, why throw a $150 lens to make a cheap camera work, just get a decent camera to begin with.

Just to make sure it was the lens vs camera,

yup - like I said, "as long as there's nothing else wrong"

like Arecont require that you put shims in to set the backfocus to get the sharpest image.

Arecont also has a backfocus adjustment ring.

And (based on the 3155DNs at least) it's horribly cheap and shaky.