smmorris

DVR - KT DMR-1600

DVR - KT DMR-1600I have purchased two of these units used. Everything on the front panels is in English but all the screen instructions appear to Korean or some language I can not read or understand. I can't find anything on the internet about these units or their manufacturer. I have no manuals and can't tell if the screen gives me an option to change languages. Can anyone help? I would be most appreciative.

ok going by the screen shot ...

next to admin those weird looking characters is Korean for logout.

ill try to figure the rest out ... LOL

There is a south korean member on this forum so maybe he will pass by soon.

I dont know .. looked around dont see anything like it .. where did you buy it from .. no link though please just the name thanks

Bought them on eBay from someone who said they got them at an auction and sold them because they couldn't read Korean. Both units seem to work great, just can't set them up for network and online viewing due to the language problem.

ok another option .. one way to find out is by finding out what activeX control it uses ... can you PM me a link to it that I can access online .. or you didnt get to set that up due to all the korean? You could just port forward to that DVR's IP ... maybe it uses DDNS and maybe it is in the first couple like 192.168.1.50+ .. and use port 80 and see what you get. You can telnet to it .. Telnet 192.168.1.50 80 and see if it connects. If it does then that is it .. once can load the webpage then can view the source and download the CAB and find out where it comes from.

Literally I browsed pages and pages of DVRs on alibaba for South Korean manufacturers etc .. nothing looked like it .. but it could be a discontinued model which would make it harder to find. Might have to wait for one of the korean guys to log on here .. they seem to know alot about various products in their country.

That or learn Korean really fast

I tried entering all kind of common DVR menu names in the google translator but only one that came through was LOGOUT right next to the word admin.

Least we know its Korean ..

I haven't been able to get it available online because of my inability to read the menus. There is a network light on the front that doesn't light up when I attach the ethernet cable from the computer network, I am assuming that is because I have configured it?

it should be enabled by default .. usually anyway.

That light might be for when someone connects ..

whats your internal IP address? or whats the router's DHCP range?

can you check the router's Local Network DHCP client list and see if it is listed?

Looking at the attached devices listed on the router, the dvr appears to be 192.168.1.49. When I type that into the browser, it doesn't connect

if you use XP it would be command prompt, or use Start, Run, cmd

then type: telnet 192.168.1.49 80

or you could just try to ping it: ping 192.168.1.49 should work in all windows.

make sure it is connected to the network ofcourse with the cat5

other then 80 it could use another port like 81, 82, 8080 (normally the router uses this), 8081, etc

also try telnet port 50000 and 10101 and see what those bring back. Those are ports 2 other korean DVRs use ...