GAtkins

Picture Flutters Sometimes - Speco DVR T4IP & CVC 7706DN

Greetings,

I have a Speco DVR-T4IP with three Speco CVC-7706DNV Color IR Day/Night Bullets attached with RG59 siamese cable. Each cable run is no more than 60' for so.

Only sometimes, but always randomly, one, two or all three camera pictures will have a lot of flicker and motion. Other times they are perfectly stable and provide an excellent picture. This happens day or night in all kinds of weather/humidity/temperature conditions. It seems to be truly random.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and any ways to fix it?

By the way, those cameras are great at night.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Glenn

check your connectors. wrap them with electrical tape to make sure they are not touching each other or something else that might provide "noice".

do you have a battery back-up that monitors power flucuations? if yes, you can chaek that to see and relate it to the times of your problems. if no, go buy one that provides surge/oise/spike protection. i use apc and it keeps it clean, monitors the lines, provides feed back.

Another neat trick is to turn off power circuits at the breaker pannel to see if the "noise" is coming from that circuit. Just don't shut off the freezer for too long!

power supply? is it a decent on or are you using a single plugin type on the camera's? again, video noise can be caused by something as.....

good luck

I doubt if all 3 connectors are bad (unless you used the Island Twist-Ons, but it is a good idea to tape the connections, especially if in a ceiling. Plug a drill (or something with a draw) on that same circuit and run it a few times-if it causes that same fluctuation. Make sure the wires are not ran by fluorescent bulbs/ and or the romex/BX that supplies the power. Good luck.

take one off and watch it for a while, if it still does it, take another off, watch it. If it still does it ...

Check Power. Doesnt sound like connections as that would normally be 100% of the time. Get an APC 600watt Voltage Regulator, put it all on that. Change the power supplies if you can, get a multi output fused supply.

Make sure all cable is at least 1 foot from high voltage cable, and as far as possible from lighting. Make sure it is nowhere near a breaker panel.

If you stapled the wire make sure the staples didnt go through the cable. Make sure the cable is not bent somewhere.

Its also possible its nothing to do with the cameras, and could be interference on the DVR end. Where is the DVR located, what is near it, is anything near the DVR that cause interference? Also, do you have the output to a TV, try it on a different TV as some TVs (like mine for example) the video inputs and outputs are messed up, loads of interference, and on and off, not all the time.

Like DataAve said, I really doubt it is the connections either way. Even with the cheap *island (snicker) * twist ons you would notice it from day one if its not on properly. But make sure the connections are not exposed to outdoors as well.

Ive personally experienced the fliskering from wireless video which was intermitent (interference from cell phones and high voltage), a bad input on an EverFocus DVR, and other installers jobs where it was 100% of the time from bad connections, bent wire, wire to close to lighting, etc.

Rory