zxc123zxc123zxc

Playing back recordings -codecs

I have the video files extracted onto my hard disk and a vireo player that supports the codecs used by the DVR...

the only problem is when I play them back, I hear the sound, but the footage is black...

I have seen THIS player working correctly with THESE recordings on anouther PC... so I need to instal something into my windows PC...WHat?

Sounds like what happens when you use an older version of DivX for a video made with a newer version.

Can't really tell much without knowing at least what codec it is...maybe what DVR it is... what file extension it uses... really not giving us ANYTHING to work with here...

Yes, thanks... here are the details.

THe recordings are made on a DVR using the Vineyard chipset. THis chip set seems to be used on many cheaper DVRs and the US company that made them seem not to support them anymore.

Anyway, I have the Vineyard player ex 1.0.7 which seems to be the only one around.

I have seen these video files playing with this player from the same removable hard drive as I am using... and the audio plays, and the video is black.

...more

I hav just tried playing back the files with the DXClient version 2.7.1, hich came with the DVR. Exactly the same problem.

Also it is not a hardware problem... As I have watched recordings on THIS PC, however I have had to re-install the OS (Windows XP Home) since then.

Help?

VLC will play just about anything... and if it doesn't, K-Lite Codec Pack will cover almost anything else.