EarlT

Avermedia 6240e8 vs 6240e16 vs 6480e16 D1 rates

I was looking at the specs of these three boards and want to understand the D1 record rate info better. I realize you don't need anything near 30 frames per second to get decent footage, but I still want to understand this. http://www.avermedia-usa.com/surveillance/userfiles/image/files/NVCardComparison.pdf shows the following D1 record rates

6240e8 240

6240e16 80

6480e16 160

So if I read that correctly, only the 6240e8 records at 30 frames per second into all 8 channels. The best the 6240e16 can muster is 10 frames into 8 channels. Even the 6480e16 seems to only do 10 frames into all 16 channels, or 20 into 8. So if I am correct, the 6240e8 seems to be the best value performance wise.

Am I making any sense?

You're reading this correct.

I personally don't pay much attention to Aver's 8 channel cards. For only a couple hundred bucks more you can get the 6480 which has 16 channels that you can mix/ match analog or IP cameras how you wish.

More than 10fps (actually 7fps IMO) at D1 is totally necessary anyway, as you mentioned. You're not making block buster hits, just storing valuable evidence for as long as possible.

That's interesting to note. Thank you! Another question, What is the effective record speed of full resolution IP cameras on these?

That mostly depends on the camera. As long as Avermedia supports the IP camera's protocol, the sytem can capture the maximum frame rate that the camera is capable of producing.

There is no standard "full resolution" ip camera like there is for analog. Analog technology caps out pretty quickly... IP not so much. The largest that I'm aware of is Avigilon's 16 megapixel ip camera. But I'm sure someone somewhere will out-do it someday though, if not already.

Again, frame rate and resolution are dependent on the IP camera. This varries from manufacturer to manufacturer, model to model.