quinnow1

Lost Video on 8 channel dvr.

I set up a system roughly about 5 months ago using 8 cameras to watch over our property. This system is powered by a central power box with each channel having its own fuse as well as a master box fuse. The cameras all hook to the dvr via bnc connectors. Came in the other day and the monitors says "lost video" on each of the 8 screens for the cameras and just has a blue background.

I checked the power supply box and all fuse lights are green showing there is power. The DVR is also on and I am actually able to use the mouse and go into settings but still no video.

all my BNC connectors are tight to the dvr so i am leaning towards a bad DVR unit. I would like to confirm this but can not plug the cameras directly into the monitor because it does not have a BNC port on the monitor, not to mention I cant see all 8 cameras dieing at once. any ideas on this or feedback? Thank you in advance.

You need to figure out a way to plug some kind of monitor directly into the cameras to test.

Also, I don't trust powerbox LEDs. Use a volt meter to see if you are send proper voltage to the cameras. It's possible the power supply is bad and is supply just enough power for the LEDs but not the cameras.

I don't trust powerbox LEDs. Use a volt meter to see if you are send proper voltage to the cameras. It's possible the power supply is bad and is supply just enough power for the LEDs but not the cameras.

This.

You need to figure out a way to plug some kind of monitor directly into the cameras to test.

133662_1.jpg

That turned out to be exactly my problem. I used another power source and bypassed the power box. Sure enought the cameras came back up. So I need a new power box.