strike105

Help connecting to my CCTVs

Need a little bit of help here guys , I can't connect to my CCTV @ my store

here's a simple diagram of my netwok

135138_1.jpg

btw.. that not my real ip

Q1 > How to i connect to those CCTV's ? from a remote source ? don't have a clue

( since i only have to type the ip address of both 192.168.2.40 and 30 to access them locally via lan)

Need a little bit of help here guys , I can't connect to my CCTV @ my store

here's a simple diagram of my netwok

135138_1.jpg

btw.. that not my real ip

Q1 > How to i connect to those CCTV's ? from a remote source ? don't have a clue

( since i only have to type the ip address of both 192.168.2.40 and 30 to access them locally via lan)

You need to setup port forwarding on your router that will forward all request from outside your network to your dvr. Check in your dvr settings to see what port it uses.

Second option would be to put your dvr in the DMZ zone on your router. This would forward all request to your ip address directly to your Dvr.

What's the make and model of your router?

If you want to access from the internet you will probably need to set up port forwarding on both the modem and the router. Maybe also on your switch.

For example you would set the modem to forward port 80 (normal http port) to the router's address. Then set the router to forward to the CCTV cameras.

When you say "CCTV's", do you mean a DVR, or are the two items IP cameras?

First off you have to assign different http ports to the DVR's. 192.168.2.30 - http port 80, 192.168.2.40 - http port 81. To access remotely, type in your static IP to access the first unit and use your static IP:81 to access the second.

If your DVR's are the same, you'll have problems doing port forwarding thru most routers as they won't let you to assign the same ports to different devices. MasterVision_Tech's suggustion of putting one DVR in the DMZ and port forwarding thru the router to the second DVR should work.

As asked, what model router and DVR's are you using?

So to put it all together...

First of all, your modem does not appear to be JUST a modem, but a combined modem/router "appliance" (as the DSL provider here calls them). You're probably going to have issues forwarding through two NAT layers like that; you ideally need to change your network setup a little bit... such as:

a) set the modem to operate in "bridge" mode, if it supports it, so your WiFi router gets the static internet IP on its WAN port and the modem acts ONLY as a modem.

b) use the router strictly as a switch/WAP by disabling its internal DHCP server, and then connecting the modem to a LAN port rather than the WAN port. All forwarding would then only have to be done on the modem, and all devices would get their IPs from the modem's DHCP server (192.168.1.*).

c) at the very least, set the modem's DMZ to the router's WAN IP, so the modem simply passes ALL ports through to the router... then do your forwarding in the router.

Option "a" is probably the preferred one, from a network perspective... again, IF the "appliance" supports bridge operation.

After that, you can go with Harrar's advice to assign a different port to each device. Actually, you SHOULD (depending on the router) be able to leave the DVRs on their default ports, and just forward different outside ports in the router/modem (as applicable). For example, you'd tell the router to forward port 80 to port 80 on 192.168.2.30, and port 81 to port 80 on 192.168.2.40.

Note that some DVRs use other ports than just 80, especially if they use a remote client app rather than just a web interface, so you may need to set up additional port forwarding.

That's some generic advice... knowing exactly what equipment we're dealing with here (FULL make and model for the modem, router, and DVRs) MIGHT help us be more precise.