nsxttt

GV-1480 to record more than 7 days?

Is it possible to record more than 7 days? I can't seem to find a setting for that.

Also is it possible to sort by camera when I view the motion log?

Thanks

Sure it is possible, there is no setting for it, just need adequate storage space and it also depends on what codec type and resolution you have each camera set to record at, and whether you are recording in motion only or continuous or a combination of both.

Also is it possible to sort by camera when I view the motion log?

Thanks

When you go to view log, you can select which camera, the month, day and any 5 minute (Geo default, user adjustable) segement for playback.

I have it record round the clock and have 1.2 TB still free. It looks like it starts to recycle after 7 days?

As for the sort the Viewlog

I can't seem to be able to click the top bar to sort by camera?

You may want to check your Storage Folder settings. Stop all monitoring on the system than go to the Configure button. Select System Configuration. In the middle of the General Settings page under Video Log Storage (make sure Recycle is checked), click Set Location and select Storage Group Folder. Make sure all available cameras are checked, Keep Days is checked and the number of days to keep is set, to say, 30, then press OK.

I assume you set up a separate partion (D) for your Video Storage.

Just curious... Is this a new install or an existing system? How many cameras do you have on this system? What types of cameras; analog?, megapixel IP's? Are you recording at 320x240 or 720x480? What compression are you using? How big is your video folder partion? How many days are recorded in each cam's folder?

If possible, you may want to try setting some to motion detect and see if it helps your situation.

This is a existing install but I had a 320GB HD before and it was recycling so I never had more than 5 days of storage avail. I added a 1.5TB External HD and it says it has some 1.3GB left? I have 18 Cameras on 2 x GV1480's all analog and I'm recording at 720x480 I have the compression set to MPEG 4 ASP. It looks to be recording about 7 days before it drops the prior days.

Thanks!

It sounds like the new drive is not configured properly into the Geovision system. What version are you running?

Did you add the 1.5TB drive or replace your 320GB? If you added the 1.5TB does it show under the Geovision Video Log Storage - Storage Group Folder as Drive E with about 1.4TB available and the cameras are selected for this drive? Has the Video folder and selected Cam folders been created (or moved) on the new drive? Did you run the database repair utility?

We've added additional storge for a bunch of our customers without problems after some initial configuration errors on our part, so I'm really curious what the final resolution to your problem is.