AnD

avtech 760 and playback problem

I thought this problem was because of a bad hard drive and that's why I replaced the hard drive with a Western Digital 500GB SATA hard drive and I'm using an adapter (IDE to SATA) but the problem isn't gone. I tested the first hard drive in a computer and that gave bad sectors, so that drive had his time.

Problem:

As I press the play button on the DVR or when I do this with Video server E then the 4th camera window gets black and I still see the live images and the clock that's running but playback doesn't start. Then after a few 4 - 5 minutes the DVR makes a long beeping sound and the "play" and "rec" LED light up and the "HDD" LED lights up but not fully after that the DVR restarts. The DVR initializes the hard drive and it's on slave and "OK" and then I see the live images but if I press the playback button then I have a problem but sometimes it restarts again and stays in a loop (restarting).

I have this DVR for 4 or 5 years and it worked always without a problem until now...

How can I fix this ?

It seems that the IDE to SATA adapter not compatible is with the DVR. I checked it with an old Seagate ST340810A HDD and now I have no problems.

It's strange that the hard disk is recording but the moment that you press play it will freeze and restart after a few minutes.

So it didn't work with these devices:

Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS

HXSP-071218 adapter

Hi,

I have same problem with my 2 yr old Atech 760. Whenever I try to play a recording it says "scanning disk" and just reboot with long beep.

Can you please provide details on type of HDD used, as I remember I was told mine has 80GB SATA installed. But not yet opened it.

Regards,

Sanjay

Hi,

I have same problem with my 2 yr old Atech 760. Whenever I try to play a recording it says "scanning disk" and just reboot with long beep.

Can you please provide details on type of HDD used, as I remember I was told mine has 80GB SATA installed. But not yet opened it.

Regards,

Sanjay

My DVR is with ATA and not SATA but I tried it with an adapter so that I could use SATA hard drives but it didn't work so I bought a new ATA hard disk.

Thanks for responding to my query.

Is there any way to format the HDD when installed in DVR. I am looking forward either format the disk or try a new disk. But could not find an option in DVR Advanced menu option to format the disk.

Thanks

Sanjay

I've never seen an option to format the HDD.

This dvr is using his own filesystem, so it's not necessary to format it.

Thanks Rory,

But does that option formats HDD or just clears the index. I have tried this multiple times but still it lists all previous recordings.

My problem is It plays initial few recordings and reboot midway. But while playing recent recordings it just says "scanning disk" and reboots immediately. I am looking forward to low level format the disk before trying a new one.

-Sanjay

If it's not working you can try to format with your PC, also check if the firmware it's the last one, otherwise you can download from here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_Tf3Yb1yhhRYjg0ODI5NjItNTQ3My00ZTIzLThiNzAtYWQ3MjU0ZjUyMjIw&hl=en

if you still cannot see the videos you can try this program: install the hard disk in your PC and open the videos with the program (your dvr is a little bit old i am not sure it's working).

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_Tf3Yb1yhhROWI2ZWU2MmQtZTE3ZC00NjVlLTgwNjItNzBlNjk3ZmQzZDky&hl=en

If you would like to physically wipe your hard drive,

use Zero Fill, your HDD manufacturer might have it on their website.

Hi,

I was not using this DVR for past 2 yrs, but after renovation at home, pulled it again and started working on this issue. The problem with recording and playback got resolved after hardware reset of DVR and changing SATA data cable.

Thanks all for your support.

-Sanjay