Springers

Ray Sharp H264 1TB DVR

Hi, I have a Ray Sharp H264 1TB DVR and after a power cut i can not get the unit to recognise the hard drive. I have formatted the drive but it still says the hard drive is unformatted. I have tried contacting the manufacturer but all the emails get bounced back.

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Regards

Springers

i had similar problem some time before from a unit from taiwan. I contacted manufacturers and they resolved this issue. The problem was detecting external device like monitor after abnormal shutdown.

ask for latest firmware from supplier or try download from their website.

Thanks for the info but all the emails to the manufacturer keep bouncing back and there are no firmware downloads on their site. At a bit of a loss really as with no hard drive in it works fine just won't recognise it when it's installed.

Hi I have the same unit its a ray sharp 4 channel h264 dvr with a samsung 1TB hdd. The problem I have is that the hdd keeps coming up unformatted and shows 0hr useable. I have tried it with a 160gb samsung hdd and it seems to work fine, but the other problem is the 1TB hdd seems to format and work fine when connected to a PC. How can I resolve this issue and get it up and running asap.

Hi. I have had this problem for ages and the way to resolve it is as follows: power the unit off. Remove the psu connector out the back. Turn the unit on with the psu disconnected. Turn it off and replace the psu connector. Turn the unit back on and the HDD should now work.

This process clears the flash (I think) and the HDD starts to work. I think the flash gets corrupted during power outages or spikes and stops the unit finding the HDD.

Hope this works, let me know how u get on.

Cheers

Springers