nsxttt

Anyone switch from GeoVision to a stand alone DVR?

I'm thinking about switching my 32CH GV-1480 cards to a stand alone DVR. I'm not overly impressed with GeoVisions picture quality and the fact that it's dependant on a windows bases pc. Any suggestions? Pros / Cons?

Thanks

I have started to, or tried, but still havent found anything yet to match the Geo for even some of the basic features it has. We are switching more due to the high cost of the Geovision, well that and I dont have time to be building DVRs every few months when someone wants one. If we were to stock and sell them thats a different story, but parts change so much that it can be frustrating, and I dont use ready built ones as they rarely come how I want them to. Im leaning towards testing the CNB DVR card which is much less than the Geo .. I like their remote software and hoping their DVR card software is also good - but for the price I probably wont complain anyway. The one Im looking at is the 120fps 16 channel card, similar to the GV-800 except its max 640x480 resolution.

I spoke to CNB USA and they said that they do not produce the DVR cards anymore, just stand alones. ??