Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

Analog PTZ - Digital Transmission - Back to Analog

Anyone done this successfully?

Got a customer looking to install an IR PTZ cam up on a hilltop because of vandalism at a small cabin. Since it's a ski slope we have power at the top. I want to wirelessly get the PTZ camera back down the hill and converted back to analog to hook to the DVR.

Not worried about wireless, I've done a few now but I have not done an Analog PTZ to digital conversion and back to analog.

Can find encoders that can get me there digitally but wireless back down to a decoder is where I hit a wall.

Thanks

It's easy enough, just make sure that the company you use for encoders has a decoder too(Axis and ACTi both do.).

Traditionally I was selling the ACTi ACD2100(encoder) and ACTi ACD3100(decoder) for this type of applicaiton

Who's your wireless company? Some of them(like KBC Networks) have a encoder/decoder kit just for this application.

PTZ > Encoder > Ethernet Bridge > Decoder > DVR.

Thanks, I'll check with my Acti rep. Seems simple enough for sure.

I've used both Ubiquiti and Tranzeo for my wireless installs. Tranzeo is rated down to like -45 or -50F so I used that but this year I decided to try out Ubiquiti which is not rated that low. For the cost difference I thought I would give it a shot and I typically don't have issues when temps drops as long as the equipment is operating. Time will tell and I figured the risk was minimal for the 6 CPE's and two AP's I installed recently.

Ubiquiti scares me just because it's so low cost. I'd like to hear about some of your experiences with it.

But yes, if you've used ACTi products in the past it's no more difficult than any other ACTi setup.

I have a setup running a Pelco Esprit PTZ with the Acti encoder/decoder set, works well, one stream goes to the decoder with a monitor and KBD300 keyboard, the other stream is recorded on a Milestone NVR system.

It's running a few hundred yards over Ubiquiti Nanostations.

I've been using Ubiquiti wireless gear for several years now, both their Mini-PCI cards (SR9, XR2, XR5) in Mikrotik Routerboards, and their Nanostations, Nanobridges, Rocket and Bullet models, and had very good success with them.

Their newer "M" series wireless N data rate gear has great throughput, at a pretty untouchable price (I've got some of the new 900Mhz gear on order, waiting impatiently to get it to test it out).

Our local wireless internet provider, with several thousand subscribers, is changing to all Ubiquiti gear on new installs, and repairs.

Anyone done this successfully?

Got a customer looking to install an IR PTZ cam up on a hilltop because of vandalism at a small cabin. Since it's a ski slope we have power at the top. I want to wirelessly get the PTZ camera back down the hill and converted back to analog to hook to the DVR.

Not worried about wireless, I've done a few now but I have not done an Analog PTZ to digital conversion and back to analog.

Can find encoders that can get me there digitally but wireless back down to a decoder is where I hit a wall.

Thanks

Bosch VIPX range is one of the best in the market (not the H264 version) that we have tested.

Ilkie

Ubiquiti scares me just because it's so low cost. I'd like to hear about some of your experiences with it.

But yes, if you've used ACTi products in the past it's no more difficult than any other ACTi setup.

+ 1 with Ubiquiti gear. I have used it with Routerboard and it is rock solid.

Amazing, they advertise twice the performance of any wireless company that promotes in the surveillance market, and are about 1/5 the cost.

I'll have to take a more serious look at them.